On the back of the UK hosting the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties (#COP26) in Glasgow on 31st October – 12 November 2021, CHAIN Malaysia aims to celebrate this global event by organising a global conference with the theme Climate Change and Sustainability. This will be held concurrently with similar event organised by the CHAIN teams in UK and Dubai. The event is set to be on the 20th of November 2021 (Saturday). This year, CHAIN Malaysia will be held virtually due to the pandemic.
Our events have the following aims:
- Sharing knowledge and experience in a variety of fields.
- Building a community for engineering students and early career professionals.
- Showcasing the benefits of professional engineering institutions.
- Providing continuing professional development.
We will be featuring guest speakers from the British High Commission KL, IMechE, IChemE and ICE to talk about topics related to climate change and sustainability:
1. Mr. Murugadas Loganathan, British High Commission KL
2. Prof. Ir. Dr. Abdul Aziz Abdul Raman, University of Malaya
3. Mr. Lee Yau Kei, Sarawak Energy Berhad (SEB)
4. Ir. Gandhi Suppiah, TSA Advisory
We look forward to making this a learning opportunity for all participants. In the meantime, if you have any questions or would like to volunteer for one of our “Local” area committees please do not hesitate to contact us.
CHAIN Malaysia Committee