CHAIN is a movement of inter-institutional events designed to engage, inform, and inspire early career engineers. By delivering a series of inspirational talks we aim to give you, our delegates, an idea of the number and range of Professional Engineering Institutions available, their roles, and the benefits they provide. The event is aimed at anyone falling into the Young Member category– from students and apprentices to recent graduates and those aiming to gain professional registration. Each Institution is invited to submit a speaker to deliver a talk of an inspirational natures as well as to promote their particular Institution.
Get involved with your local engineering community.
CHAIN aims to:
- Sharing knowledge and experience – talks will be presented by technical experts in a variety of fields;
- Cooperation between institutions – bringing together different professions to benefit from a range of experiences;
- Building a community for young engineers – the event will include a networking session, and volunteering opportunities will be highlighted to promote ongoing involvement in their local engineering community;
- Promoting the benefits of engineering institutions – giving the audience an idea of the number and range of Institutions in their locality, and their roles in the industry;
- Providing continuing professional development – talks will cover both technical and personal development subjects
Why get involved?
- To engage with a wide range of people, Institutions and organisations, building a network and heightening their presence within the engineering community;
- It’s a great way of networking, collaborating with other Institutions, raising the profile of engineering organisations, recruiting more volunteers and hearing from a varied and interesting range of speakers;
- Helps to build the engineering community in an area.
CHAIN has been running in Manchester since 2016. It has attracted over 425 young people and we’ve been lucky to have some brilliant partner institutions and organisations on board.
- Bloodhound Project
- European Young Engineers
- Institution of Civil Engineers
- Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Manchester Association of Engineers
- Newcomen Society
- Royal Engineers
- STEM Learning
- Young Rail Professionals