CHAIN is a movement of inter-institutional events designed to engage, inform, and inspire early career engineers. By delivering a series of inspirational talks we aim to give you, our delegates, an idea of the number and range of Professional Engineering Institutions available, their roles, and the benefits they provide. The event is aimed at anyone falling into the Young Member category– from students and apprentices to recent graduates and those aiming to gain professional registration. Each Institution is invited to submit a speaker to deliver a talk of an inspirational natures as well as to promote their particular Institution.
Come along to get involved with your local engineering community.
CHAIN aims to:
- Present a cross-section of the engineering world to young engineers and inform them of the wide range of different projects and ideas happening today;
- Educate attendees about current and future issues that may affect them personally as engineers;
- Showcase to attendees the different institutions and organisations that are available to them, who they are, who they cater for and specifically what they do in the local area, even if that organisationdoes not have a local network;
- Encourage young people who are interested in engineering in their local area to network and get involved with their local engineering community;
- Inspire and create opportunities for all those that attend the event.
Why get involved?
- To engage with a wide range of people, Institutions and organisations, building a network and heightening their presence within the engineering community;
- It’s a great way of networking, collaborating with other Institutions, raising the profile of engineering organisations, recruiting more volunteers and hearing from a varied and interesting range of speakers;
- Helps to build the engineering community in an area.
PREVIOUS CHAIN EVENTS
CHAIN has been running in Manchester since 2016. It has attracted over 425 young people and we’ve been lucky to have some brilliant partner institutions and organisations on board including;
- Bloodhound Project
- Construction Mobile IT
- European Young Engineers
- Institution of Civil Engineers
- Institution of Diesel and Gas Turbine Engineers
- Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Institution of Structural Engineers
- Manchester Association of Engineers
- Newcomen Society
- Nuclear Institute
- Royal Aeronautical Society
- Royal Engineers
- STEM Learning
- Young Rail Professionals